Thursday, February 16, 2012

Product Review: WEN

My kit of Wen by Chaz Dean
I've mentioned earlier that I have a very strange addiction to Health & Beauty Aids.  I love to try new products from toothpaste to toe creams (get it? head to toe stuff) as well as make-up, hair care peripherals, vitamins, etc. etc.  It is very bad for my budget and I have had to curtail my spending in this area, mostly due to my husband's comic book - I mean graphic novel subscription service. HOWEVER, I recently decided that I could not stand the shampoo I was using and decided to make a purchase of WEN by Chaz Dean.  Now I don't work for the company and I paid for this stuff outright, but I thought I would do a real review by a real person - ME.

Okay, so the kit I ordered had the Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner, Sweet Almond Mint ReMoist Intensive Hair Treatment, Sweet Almond Mint Styling Cream, a cool detangling comb and a free gift of Sweet Almond Mint Texture Balm. Once I ordered it (online) it took about a week for me to receive it.  I read all the instructions and found that the shampoo doesn't lather, but it works like a deep cleaning conditioner. I was game, so I gave it a go.  Now, my hair is medium blonde, not thin, but not full of body either, shoulder length and I do color it to hide my immature, I mean premature gray - so it is slightly damaged on the ends.  I can attest that after ONE use, my hair styled and looked better than it has in months.  I haven't had a haircut/trim since the autumn - so it was an incredible transformation. It was strange doing the shampoo part, because you have to section your hair into 4 areas, then take a few pumps of the shampoo, work it through, then onto the next section.  Once you completely massage the 4 sections, the instructions say to add a little water to make a foam, which it never really foams with my well water.  The instructions also say to use 10 to 15 pumps of the stuff -- it doesn't specify per section or for the entire head.  With my length and thickness, I use 2 pumps per section and it is plenty.  It goes without saying that the more you use, the more they will sell, so you can use your judgement.

I can say that I didn't need any of the other products in the kit because my hair is so fabulous without adding anything.  I have tried to Styling cream and it is "okay".  I didn't see a big difference in the effect of my hair before or after using it.  I also tried the Texture Balm, which I assume is best suited for shorter or layered styles.  I have not (as of this writing) used the ReMoist Intensive Hair Treatment.

All in all, I say if you need a change of shampoo and/or would like to add some bounce and rejuvenation to some lack-luster locks -- the time is now to try Wen!
(Wen is a registered trademark of Chaz Dean.)

IMPORTANT FOLLOW UP:  If you decide to order this stuff, beware of a 'membership' that you get rooked into -- make sure after you get your product and try it, decide to keep it, then call and cancel the automatic membership thingy that they sign you up for. (unless, of course, you want to keep shipments coming every 90 days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment